Tuesday, September 11, 2007

No Accidents, No Phone Calls






We made it through our first day of Tot Lot Preschool for Hannah. I had my cell phone in my pocket waiting for a call from her teacher. I figured I would get a call for 1 of 2 reasons. Either an accident or just absolute defiant behavior. Well, that call never came. I think the teacher was just being nice and giving her a chance for the first day!!


I did have a wonderful morning. I got home, put Kate down and I had the whole morning to myself. It's amazing how fast 2 1/2 hours can go. Hannah requires A LOT of time. I got the floors mopped, the dishes done, 2 loads of laundry and I even watched my favorite show The View.


When I went to pick her up, I snuck behind the class and I heard "Hannah, listen to my words." No response from Hannah. I then heard again "Hannah, listen to my words, get off the horse and go back to the big playground." No response again from Hannah, but I saw the grip on her hands tighten up around that horse so tight I could see the blood pumping through her fingers." At this point I don't know whether to but in or let the teacher handle it. I can see by the determination on Hannah's face that she is under no circumstances going to move onto the playground that she is suppose to be on. One final "Hannah, listen to my words" as I am thinking Lady, clearly she is not going to listen to your words, she is Hannah Ross. She marches to her own drum. Well she surprised me. After telling her teacher she was to little to get off the horse by herself

funny because I am assuming since she wasn't suppose to be over there, no one put her on the horse but anyways. She went to where she was suppose to go. She then proceeded to get in trouble for not getting in line. Mind you all 20 of the other 3 year olds have absolutely no trouble following the leader in the line, but oh well. She finally got in line and walked back into her classroom. Kate and I picked her up and we were off. She loved it though she couldn't tell me a single thing about her day. She is excited for Thursday!

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Who's more excited about Thursday....you or Hannah? She looked so cute on her first day, but let's try to get the pictures straight, so I don't have to hurt my neck looking at the pictures.

late4game said...

She is very cute and much like her mom. Courtney has a little stubborn streak as well. Put the pictures straight. I guess I'm the one who will get the phone calls, if any, on Thurs. I think she will be fine. It doesn't seem possible that Bennett and Hannah are in preschool. When is Grandparent's Day?? Love you, Hannah. Marmie

caxline said...

We are so proud of you Hannah! I knew you would do great. Why are you wearing such ghetto booty shoes? I would have thought mommy would have you dressed in one of your 30 new pairs for your first day.