Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am your controller
















So, let me start off by saying the flu bug has hit us all. Kate got it Thursday night, I got it Friday, Hannah got it Saturday, and John looks like he is getting in today!! Anyways. I decide to take the girls for Christmas pictures today to get them out of the house so John can rest.
We get ready, I blow dry their hair, put their dresses on and Kate won't budge. She screams, rips her onsie off, pulls out her hair, etc. So fine, she will take Christmas pictures in her pink top and jean shorts. We get in the car and head off to the Cerritos library. They have a pretty fountain that I was going to go to. I wanted the beach, but too far, rainy, just too much. We get out of the car at the library and I dress Kate, she lets me, and Hannah says, "Yeah, it's raining!" No it's not I say, let's go. Sure enough, it starts raining. My mind didn't have polite thoughts. I throw the kids back in the car and it slows immediately. I change my mind, rain or no rain, we are taking these pictures. To make a long story short, we get the pictures. They SUCK!! Kate won't listen to a damn thing. Hannah has this funky smile, and Kate refuses to take off her crocs. We finish, and I promise Hannah a Build a Bear moose if she listens. She does that, minus her smile, so off we go. We get to Disney and there is a tree with Christmas balls all around. We attempt to take more pictures. I throw the kids up on the tree, past the yellow caution tape and go for it. Once again, they SUCK! Oh well, you shall see when you get your card:) We go to build a bear, Kate could care less, Hannah is in Heaven.
Now what makes this story complete. We are in the car, Hannah is dressing her moose, can't get the clothes on, can't get the bear out of the box, on and on. I hear from her. "Let's go moose, you need to listen to me now. I am your controller!" Gotta love it!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait to see the pics!!

kkp1220 said...

lol;-) I can only imagine what the pictures look like;-)

kkp1220 said...

Make sure you spend lots of money to put em pretty paper, maybe people won't notice the kids screaming, etc...

caxline said...

Kate's hair looks SO CUTE!!!!

late4game said...

You did get some cute pics, and I feel your pain. Picture taking of kids hasn't changed in 35 years!! It was the same w/ you guys!!!

kkp1220 said...

It won't get better for a long time especially adding another one to the mix. Can't wait to try to get one of all the cousins!!!

Bill and Paige said...

Sorry I couldn't help...God had other plans for me I guess. I'm sure you got 1 or 2 good ones with you beautiful kids:)

xoxo

Garb Fam said...

Sounds like a success - they are both in the pictures that in itself is a feat. Now come take my girls pics ;0)
Love you!!!!!!