Sunday, August 2, 2009

Here we go again


Sunday dinner at my mom and dads. My dad usually cooks

everything and does everything. He complains all day how my mom doesn't do anything to get ready for it. Tonight, she took Kelsey and the girls to the airport and stopped at a friends house so she was exceptionally late.

Dinner goes well, it is absolutely delicious. We eat, clean up, and my dad goes into the freezer to get ice cream. He gets a regular spoon to dish into the container, my mom yells at him to get an ice cream scoop. He bends spoons and she is all up in arms. So he gets the scoop and instead of scooping the ice cream into a dish with the scoop, he proceeds to take the ice cream scoop and use it as a spoon.

He continues to eat out of container with an ice cream scoop. "and not to mention" she says, "you are eating dessert in front of people and you can't even offer it to them." he replies, as he's stuffing his mouth "I know and I feel really bad about it!"

5 comments:

caxline said...

sorry I missed dinner...NOT!!!

late4game said...

First of all, I did not yell. Second, you have totally embellished the story to make me look like the bad guy. Oh well, such is life. Anyone want the real truth, ask me!!!

Sandy said...

that is funny ;) I love hearing your stories about your dad ;) my mom always tells me the same thing about using a spoon...it must be a mom thing ;)

late4game said...

Story is much more accurate now!! There was no yelling involved--just gentle reminding--for the millionth time!!!!!

kkp1220 said...

wish i was there