Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Getting tired of frosting
I started out strong

After they had finished frosting...they weren't suppose to have a bite yet.....hmmm



I made the cookie dough, but had trouble making the actual cookies, so john took over, the girls had so much fun helping him, meghan was just along for the ride:)

For those of you who know John's sister Julie, she makes the most magnificent frosted cookies along with looking absolutely fabulous. Every party we have everyone wants to know if her cookies will be here (along with fancy nancy's cookies and someone's bean dip, not quite sure who's) Well every year, I eat my weight in cookies...which is a lot! I always tell myself I am going to give it my best shot. I have no expectations of getting them even close to her, but just to make them look decent. While they taste really good, they look like well, CRAP! I started out good and then got tired so just slopped some frosting on. Not to mention, the girls were frosting there's too. They had such a great time. They couldn't believe how frosting changed colors when we added the food coloring. Here is some pictures of the night!

4 comments:

kkp1220 said...

Look at you go. Wonder if there will be any on Friday??

Bill and Paige said...

betty crocker! I want some tomorrow!

grammieross said...

Ah! How nice, another memeory making happening!!
It really doesnt matter what they look like, the fun is in the time spent together. Looks like they all had a fun time.
Love, Grammie Ross

Julie said...

Youre ahead of me. I haven't even cut out my cookies yet. Though I did do the coconut and chocolate ones today! Good job on yours! The important part is the taste!