Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dinner Conversation

This is a realy conversation that took place last night at our dinner table. I am sure it is not going to sound as it did last night, but I just had to share it with everyone. Especially all my teacher friends.

H: Hannah
C: Courtney
J: John

C: Hannah, tell daddy what you told me about words being the same today
H: High and Pie are the same daddy
J: The same?
C: she means they sound the same, they rhyme
J: How do you figure?
C: WHAT??
J: How do you figure? High / pie
C: WHAT???? high /i/ and pie /i/
J: h-i-g-h and p-i-e (soelling out)
C: it doesn't matter how it's spelled, they rhyme, sound the same
J: oh yeah, right right, rhyme

Hello, am I talking with my dad? Does he really not know what rhyming words are? He can find a disease in grass with a quick look, but can't rhyme words?!:?!!

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

That does sound like dad. How is Hannah so smart? She clearly doesn't get it from either of you. Are you sure she's yours?

Mommy said...

That is too funny. One smart cookie!!!

Danielle

late4game said...

well, check your spelling!!!!!