Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shadows everywhere!!

This was not the first shot. I thought maybe she'd prop herself up!










I decided that I am no longer going to take the kids to get pictures and that I am going to do it myself. This hasn't worked out so well. For both Hannah and Kate's birthday we ended up at Penny's. For Meghan's 6 week photo, I am ready to take her pictures. I want it outside. My preference would be the beach, but it's too cold, so I pack the car and take her and Kate to the park. Luckily my friend was there, so she watched Kate while I took Megsie for pictures. As you can see, I could not figure out where to go so there was no shadow. 136 pictures later, not one with her eyes open and not one without a bad shadow. Good thing I was at Penny's with her last week for the same portrait. I have decided that I am going to take a class!

4 comments:

gm-vasquez said...

I think you're suppose to wait until the sun starts to go down that way it's not so bright and the sun is not on top of your head casting all those shadows. You get an A for effort. XOXO

kkp1220 said...

Love the tutu. I have found pics are best outside in the afternoon.
Maybe you and Paige can take photography in your spare time

Julie said...

The tutu is so cute!!!

Aimee said...

Hi, I'm Paige's friend, Aimee. I hope you don't mind I help you out a little. In this situation it would have been good to take her pictures in the shade.
Direct sunlight = harsh shadows (as you discovered) and 1 unhappy baby!
Keep practicing, you are off to a great start! I also wanted to post a helpful link with lots of great tutorials:
http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-tips-for-beginners

Have fun!