Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bubba

Bubba, as she is affectionately known in our family, why, well because she just is a Bubba. She just chills 24 hours a day. She doesn't fuss, she just is, so we call her Bubba. Bubba had her 1st taste of food yesterday. I forget how hard it is to feed a baby and how hard it is for them to eat for the first time. I gave her puffins first and she wanted no part of it as you can tell by the look. I thought I remembered them just melting in their mouth, but that wasn't the case. It took a while to melt down. We then followed up with rice cereal this morning. I think she got some of it down, but not much. Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon because frankly I can't take the nighttime feedings anymore. I can't complain about her because she is the BEST baby ever, but her downfall is waking up 2 times a night for a little snacky snack! I am hoping the cereal satisfies her hunger:) Meghan with her first puffin.
After the feeding was all over

I just had to throw this one in. I caught Kate in the bathroom the other day like this.
During the rice cereal
Right after the first spoon
Before the big eat






7 comments:

kkp1220 said...

So cute...
Puffins are for kids when they start eating finger foods, FYI!!!
She is probably a little young;-)

Kerry said...

She is by far too pretty to be called "Bubba"! She is just beautiful Court, seriously. Kelsey's right though, I think it's a gerber 2nd food.:)

Bill and Paige said...

She is so cute! I want to just squeeze her little cheeks:) She just wakes up in the middle of the night because she misses her mommy:) She likes this time because her big sisters don't interfere!

cari said...

Seriously Courtney...she is absolutely adorable!!! I think you need to take a trip to AZ... :)

MFR said...

Meghan is too cute. It's kind of creepy how much she looks like a miniature Hannah. Then Kate- the little fashionista- looking at the Hanna Andersson catalog in such deep thought (probably singing the pretty song in her head)!

grammieross said...

She is beautiful, even with the cereal on her face. I'm sure little by little she'll learn. I wonder what Kate is thinking in this deep thought pose.
Thanks for the photos.
Love, Grammie Ross

Julie said...

Puffins don't melt in their mouth. I am sure she will get the hang of eating and little bubba will love it. Throw some bananas in there!