Thursday, December 11, 2008

In a matter of seconds

This will only be funny to those of you who know my dad and even then, it might not come out as funny as it was, but I have to say it now before I forget.

Situation: My dad is on the couch watching the news, I am at the sink peeling an orange, and my mom is on the friend with her friend Nancy.

Mom: okay, well have fun on your trip.

Courtney: where is Nancy going

Mom: she's going to Chicago for Bob's company Christmas party.

Dad (out of nowhere): Courtney, tell me what your mom just said that she won't tell me right now!

Courtney: WHAT?

Dad: what did your mom just whisper that she is keeping from me?

Courtney: She said that Nancy is going to Chicago for Bob's Christmas party.

pause

Dad: Bob's company is going under?

Courtney: WHAT?

Dad: they shouldn't be taking people to Chicago if their company is going under with the economy.

I have no idea what conversation he was a part of.

Not 3 seconds later, my mom leaves the room in annoyance and the news comes on with that little 3 year olf from Florida who is missing. The news says they found a child's body in Florida a 1/2 mile away from her grandmother's house.

Dad: Who is that?

Courtney: That is that little girl in Florida who's mom killed her and they can't find her.

Dad: Oh that little girl in Florida who's mom killed her and they can't find her.

He is a horse of a different color:)

5 comments:

kkp1220 said...

LOL!!!

I can totally hear it now;-) Wish I was there

xoxo

late4game said...

That is exactly how it went down!!!

Sandy said...

Gotta love Rich!!! I think all Dad's are the same, that type of conversation happens in my family all the time!!! lol ;)

caxline said...

too funny....seriously, we need to get him a hearing aid!!!

Bill and Paige said...

Seriously...what is wrong with him? He is too much:) I'm looking forward to being home for hte next few days to get more stories:) We won't even talk about the aol password one:)