Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pretend I'm not here...

That is my new philosophy for the next 11 days. John took the girls to spend Christmas in Ohio with his family. It was their turn to have them and I can't travel because I am so close to my delivery date. No one can believe I let this happen, but in reality, the kids don't know Christmas morning from any other day. We will celebrate when they come home.

I have been hanging out at my mom's house because Kelsey and the girls are here. Let me tell you, watching Kelsey with them makes me even more appreciative of this time by myself. They keep asking me to do things and I keep saying..."Pretend I'm not here." I told my mom that the minute Kelsey leaves I am out of here and going to lay peacefully on my own couch. I will be here at night, but in reality, I shouldn't be here, so...PRETEND I'M NOT HERE!

6 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Don't kid yourself! You will be hanging out on mom and dad's couch!!!

kkp1220 said...

She is in rare form, let me tell you. I think today Courtney took 2 naps...one in the am and one in the afternoon cuz she was so tired from the rough morning;-)

On the bright side, we ate subway for lunch;-)

Garb Fam said...

lucky!

gm-vasquez said...

John Ross is my hero! 11 days of no kids? What a perfect time to organize all your closets and drawers. Get up off that sofa and start nesting already.

Julie said...

We miss you here!!! But do enjoy your time to yourself, because very soon there will be three little gilrs in your house!

skinnyfat said...

"pretend i'm not here!" that is a great line!! i'm going to use it from now on at school. enjoy your time off before the last little ross makes her debut!!!