Monday, December 8, 2008

Update

It's been a rough few days. We are home and healthy most importantly. Kate has had a rough last couple of days. She was in a lot of pain which has now subsided slightly and because she can't talk her choice of communication is whining and pointing. It is very frustrating. She is not a big fan of her medicine which has us on a schedule of every 4 hours every 6 hours, and every 8 hours...which equal medicine every 2 hours when you time it. We have tried every trick in the book. She blocks it from the back of her tongue and spits it up and out! It totally sucks!! Today was her first good day and I tried to enjoy it:) She is starting to eat and drink more so we'll see where we go from here.

Hannah is busy being Hannah. Last night John told her she was built like a tank and she replied "no I'm not, I don't have any fish in me!" She is so sticking smart. She has been a bit challenging the last couple of days with the attention being directed towards Kate. She is right up in your face when you are loving Kate giving you something she made or telling you something she did. She is a little bit of an attention whore like her daddy. She started Ballet/Tap class and absolutely LOVES it. I have added a video of her. Sorry that it is sideways:)

6 comments:

late4game said...

Very cute, Hannah. Marmie will be home to pay lots of attention to you on Thursday evening. Until then, Love both you and Katie!!!

cari said...

Cute video :)...Love the fish comment!! Poor Kate, I hope she has many good days ahead of her :)

kkp1220 said...

Wehre is her tutu and leotard??

Bill and Paige said...

Tell the "Tank" that I will give her lots of attention this weekend!!

Seriously, where is her tutu? What kind of mother are you??

gm-vasquez said...

Emma says, "That's not ballet clothes, that's my dress."

Glad to hear Kate is doing better. Try to follow the meds with a M&M. Lauren was a gagger until I tried that.

Are you coming to Disneyland with us on Friday?

grammieross said...

I am thankful all of you are moving forward. I can only imagine how difficult it has been for you. I think the m&m trick just might work--it always did for me. I just don't know is she can swallow it though. I'll keep praying. Hannah is just beautiful-the tights and leotard is coming soon. Take care.
Love,
grammieross