Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bath time

Meghan's first bath.
My little chunker cleaing out the scurvey in her neck


Not so sure, but she quickly changed her tune





Big sis Hannah helping out

Meghan had her first bath yesterday. Minus the total explosion just prior to putting her in the tub all over Grammy, it was a pretty smooth transaction.

She cried in the beginning, but soon after she was mellow. She is starting to wake up a little more and eat a little more, so I am feeling much better. My mom took me on an outing to Sam's Club, Baja Fresh, and La Leche meeting, so I slept pretty good:)
Kate is still loving her baby sister. All she wants to do is hold her. She tries to grab Meghan out of your hands, she will sit right next to you - open her legs and just slap the ground so you will out the baby there!

Overall it's been a great week. I am so grateful to John's mom who has done EVERYTHING for me other than feed Meghan. I have been able to relax while she takes care of the girls and just enjoy every second of Meghan's first week.
I look at my 3 healthy kids and I truly feel like the luckiest person in the whole world. John and I are truly blessed with this life we have.
With so many people struggling to find jobs, pay for their homes, have a family, etc. I believe right now that we have it all:) (Knock on wood)

7 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Your getting very sentimental during these post partum days! Good thing for Grammy Ross...send her my way when your done!

emmandjuliasnana said...

Hi John and Courtney, Meghan Grace is sooooooo beautiful. I wish I could see and hold her. I miss Hannah and Kate to. You and John are truly blessed times three.As I'm writing this Uncle Tom is out shoveling 12-15 inches of @#$%^ freaking white snow you ever saw.We got clobbered today. Tell my sister she picked a great time to be gone. Don't wear her out!!

jackson'smama said...

You are truly blessed! What a cutie! : )

caxline said...

my gosh...she is a chunker? Is Hannah eating a popsicle? I can tell grandma is in town with homemade popsicle...no ghetto fabulous otter pops like normal!

gm-vasquez said...

This is your mexican mama talking! What are you doing out with a newborn and a recent c-section?!?!? Please tell me you didn't drive yourself.

Meghan is a super chunk! We can't hardly wait to meet her. We have a cold making its way through the house, so I'll call you next week. xoxo

kkp1220 said...

I love how chunky she is;-)

Enjoy your down time because once Grammy Ross leaves, you are in TROUBLE!!!!

xoxo

cari said...

Precious!!! You Kollen girls make cute babies :)