Friday, January 23, 2009

We Made It!

This should be fun. The girls LOVE their new baby sister. Unfortuneately they are both sick:(

The Ross Girls
Meghan's first car ride home from the hospital.



Leaving the hospital. I got emotional saying goodbye knowing it would be my last time in the maternity ward...John couldn't get out quick enough!


Getting ready to go home. The last time in her isolette




The calm before the storm...I hadn't shown her the big bow she was about to wear:)





After 4 luxurious days in the hospital, they sent me home. They were a bit surprised that I was not yet ready, so they offered me another day, but I left anyway. Not much on t.v. tonight, so I would have been bored.

Meghan is absolutely perfect. She has pretty much been asleep since the minute she was born. One would think she went through this incredibly intense labor. My milk has come in and I am in an extreme amount of pain because she will not eat. I guess when you are almost 9 pounds at birth, you have a little reserve on you. I am thinking about easing the budget crisis in California by feeding all those free lunch children at LAUSD. That will free up a lot of $$$$.

The girls absolutely LOVE her. I knew this was going to happen. Kate keeps trying to touch her saying Baby, baby. I have a feeling that we won't be using all the floor height baby things:) Both girls are sick, so trying to keep them away from the baby is going to be a challenging task.

Thank you to all our well wishers. We are home safe and sound and looking forward to getting to know our new little gift!

Love,
Courtney

7 comments:

cari said...

Congrats Courtney...I know it sounds like a recording but she truly is adorable...she seems so alert in those pictures !!! Savor every minute!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations on making it home. She is so cute. Her bow is HUGE!! (but cute!)

Sandy said...

Love her bow!!! She is so adorable!! She is so lucky to have two amazing big sisters!! Welcome home!! :)

kkp1220 said...

I love that bow much better than the others !!! I like the headband part;-). I love those chunky cheeks. Please keep her safe I can already see the two girls unbuckling her from the swing when you are watching judge milian;-)

Bill and Paige said...

lol! to kelsey's comment:) I can see Hannah wanting to push her i her new stroller and her falling out when Kate wants to do it too:)

Can't wait to meet her!

Bill and Paige said...

Oh, I meant to ask...How did you get Meghan in the car? Was she attached to the roof or did you clean out bessie?

Jeana said...

I know everyone already said it, but dang she is CUTE! I look forward to some interesting blogs:)