Wednesday, July 20, 2011

day 3...a little like day 2 only longer

Forgive me, my pictures are backwards, so for these pictures to make sense, scroll down and read up!

I had a busy busy day to say the least. Hammering, lifting, sweeping, cutting, raking, destroying the habitat of many bugs, crying, crying, moaning, etc. Oh, and a nice man came and put a forclosure sign on our front door. Apparantly the owner of the house finally went into forclosure. Its schedule to sell at auction on Aug. 9 so if any of you are looking in brea... He told me to call the number and to have the realtor change the ownership to take care of it.

I left my house this morning at 8am and returned home to La Mirada at 9pm. The entire day I worked. I have never in my life put so much into one thing for more than 1 consecutive day in my life. It is brutal. My hands hurts, my feet ache, and so on. Honestly though, I can see progress. We got a little thumbs up from a few sets of neighbors. I think they see $$ with us that their property value will rise:) My mom and dad and mother in law have been key. My dad was there today cracking me up. Everytime I would go to rip something down he would say "your not keeping that?" or "this looks brand new!" Let me reiterate...nothing we are keeping and nothing is brand new! My mom cleaned he fridge for 3 hours today and took care of getting it fixed under warranty even though it wasn't:) My mother in law kept my girls ALL day!

the side yard when we left tonight...all thanks to John!
the side yard this morning
the tack strips used to hold down the carpet came out in shreds because of moisture, rotting, and termite damage. I took it almost all out in 3 of the 4 bedrooms
yes, this man lived with this refrigerator **GROSS**
this little lot took way too long
his version of grass. this stuff is connected with a million little roots. It took almost 3 hours an i hardly got any removed:(
all done
I had no idea roots and stems could be this thick on jasmine
the jasmine in front of the house
finished
me with the wacker
What it started out looking like this am

5 comments:

late4game said...

Things are shaping up. I have never seen you work so hard and I think John must be in shock!!! Although he joins you after work, you have been a trooper. I'm off for a couple of days...gotta babysit the Axline kids, but I'm back at it on Saturday. Get something done, will ya????

gm-vasquez said...

Great job, Court!!! Mrs. K., I think it's safe to say we are all shocked!!!

cari said...

Wow...look at you go...so exciting!! :-) This house is blessed to have you guys :-)

Julie said...

It is looking good. You can see progress. Impressed with your motivation!!

kkp1220 said...

Keep it up!!! It will be worth it. Xoxo