Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 5...with a little help

Today was a big break through. I'm giving all the details, but feel free not to read and just look at pictures, I won't be offended!

My day started off as Kelsey Putz at Massage Envy for a 60 minute massage. I lost sleep over the nerves from getting caught. What would I do if they asked for id? Well, I had my story. I got in fine no id required, but in true Courtney fashion, I spend the entire time worrying that someone I knew was either an employee or knew me or knew Kelsey, so I STRESSED out for an hour! So, if you know me and see me at Massage Envy, please call me Kelsey and ask me how Arizona is!

So, I went over there alone this morning to finish the molding in our room and finish filling up the trailer of green waste. We needed to dump it today so we could load it with the wood from the patio cover. Got it all done and to my surprise, Matty arrived with a chainsaw about 3 hours earlier than expected. He went at all the bushes and in no time we were seeing a wall! I left for a bit came back and the wall was showing along with a nice little white bench that actually might be worth keeping:) I switched places with my mother in law, took the kids swimming with the Axlines and she went to the house. My dad, bro in law, John, and his mom took down the patio cover. Well, my dad might not have been involved in that. His job was to take plants down the street to all the houses and find green waste cans that had room for trash pick up today. In the meantime he met many neighbors and apparently took some for a tour of the lovely pit! All I kept hearing all day was that he needed to eat. He needed his medicine and he couldn't take his medicine until he ate. When he finally did get some food I heard him telling Matt and John he didn't know whether to call it lunch or dinner! Gotta love him!

I still can't figure out this picture order...i know last picture uploaded is the 1st one seen, but I always get it confused, but you get my point!

the 3 amigos
the 2 amigas that did the work

the first dump of the patio cover
the last beam
either amazed at their work or wondering what the hell john and i were thinking with this purchase
the bench
we do have a side fence. not sure how the neighbors next door feel. the wall is low and they probably have never seen the house next door through the yard.
what it looked like mid cuts

4 comments:

late4game said...

So proud of dad, stepping up to the plate. You doubled the size of your back yard by getting rid of all the green waste. Great job.

bob & nancy said...

You are really getting a lot done! I hope you tok a picture of the backyard before the demo -- when I saw it you couldn't see ANYTHING through all the greenery!

Bill and Paige said...

holy crap there is alot of crap in that yard!! I'm so impressed!!

I can't believe you stressed about the envy...how many times have you done that now??

cari said...

Envy story = hilarious :-) Absolutely amazing what you have gotten done!!