Friday, May 23, 2008

Don't adjust your computer screen.

The first few pictures are not about this post, but they were on my mom's camera so I thought I would share them. The one of my dad I thought was funny for those of you who know him. I think this is his headshot for his sports reporting job that he has always wanted and always thought he could do:)


This what you can't adjust your computer screen for. This lovely red sparkly clear blender is something my mom thought she just had to have. I mean it was at Costco, so it had to be a good deal right? Well all tease her because we ask "Why on earth would you buy this. You don't cook at all and you surely don't make cookies."



She replied "I want them for when I make mash potatoes" (now she makes mash potatoes 2 times a year: Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then when those times came around she didn't use the mixer because she didn't want to clean it!#@@#$???????



Anyways. For the first time, she takes it out today to make cookies with Hannah. My dad and I were shocked. The only bad thing is that she doesn't make chocolate chip cookies that everyone will like, she makes booty oatmeal raisin with nuts YUCK!!!






My mom is the only person I know with a 100 thousand dollar kitchen, a 5 thousand dollar fridge that doesn't hold anything, a flat top stove that she is obsessed with cleaning that doesn't get much use, a double oven, for all the cookies she bakes (we're lucky to get one of those ovens heated up 2x a month), and a brand new blender that she doesn't want to get dirty:) Love you mom!!!


Here's her motto about cooking as described by Paige who lived there the longest...


I can't cook on Tuesday because I need to get ready for the cleaning lady


I can't cook on Wednesday because the cleaning lady was here


I can't cook on Thursday because the cleaning lady just came


I don't cook of Friday, Saturday or Sunday because it's the weekend

I can't cook on Monday because I got to Fat Club (formerly known as Weight Watchers where they use to go and weigh in and since they never lost any weight, they just started to out to dinner)

I can't cook on Tuesday because the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow

NO JOKING!!

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

OMG!! Courtney that is so funny! I saw those pics on her camera and starting laughing at the one of dad. He's been bugging me to take a picture of him and even called me one night asking if I'd come over in the morning to take of picture of him in a suit (he was going to a meeting and had to wear a suit). He obviously got mom to take the picture:)

More importantly, I can't believe she used the mixer. It's what..a year old and never been used!!

But you got your story wrong about the mixer...it's was originally for cookies that she only bakes on full moons. We asked her to use it to make mashed potatoes at christmas and she said NO...it's only for cookies!!

Wish I knew she was cooking...I would have stopped by to see the cleaning of the stove. I bet it was a double squirt because of all the cookie dough!

late4game said...

Well, I'm glad I made the blog, even if it is to rag on me. And you wonder why I love my doggies. Go ahead and keep ragging. I can take it. Love you anyway. Weren't the cookies good?

caxline said...

I can't get past the picture of dad. He want's a sports reporting job? Seriously...he can't write a coherent sentence and I don't have time to be correcting everything!!!